Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes: Turkey & Cranberry Wontons
Repurposing leftover Thanksgiving foods is not only practical, it’s also quite fun. Truth be told, I didn’t know if the flavors in this recipe would work well together. But they did.
That sweet and savory mix gets me every time.
Wonton shells are very easy to work with. I fill wonton and egg roll wrappers with all sorts of things – like bananas and Nutella and hot dogs and cheese – and they’re always delicious. In this recipe, the turkey, cream cheese, and cranberry sauce worked beautifully.
More Leftover Turkey Recipes
Using up leftovers is a great way to save money. But you don’t have to eat the traditional meal again. Here are some other creative recipes that incorporate leftover turkey:
- Turkey empanadas
- Turkey chili
- Turkey mole bowls
- Turkey lettuce wraps with peanut sauce
- Turkey-cranberry empanadas
Turkey & Cranberry Wontons Recipe
Yield: 14 wontons
Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:25 min
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped turkey
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 14 wonton wrappers
- Oil, for frying
- Extra cranberry sauce, for dipping
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, turkey, and cranberry sauce and mix until smooth.
- Place approximately 1 heaping teaspoon of filling in the middle of each wonton shell. Fold the bottom of the wonton shell up to make a triangle shape, securing the edges with a bit of water to make it stick. Place under a dampened paper towel while you assemble the rest of the wontons.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. The oil is hot enough when you dip the end of the wonton wrapper in it, and it sizzles.
- Fry each wonton until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve warm with additional cranberry sauce.