Leftover Mashed Potato Bar
Got leftover mashed potatoes?
Leftover mashed potatoes get new, flavorful life when you set up a mashed potato bar.
The topping options are endless!
Mashed Potato Bar: Topping Combinations
Reheat mashed potatoes in the microwave, put them in a bowl, and try these topping combinations:
- Pizza: Shredded cheddar cheese, pepperoni, bacon
- Ring bologna: Pan-fried ring bologna slices, corn, green onion
- Fajita: Mexican blend shredded cheese, roasted fajita veggies (red peppers, green peppers, red onion), chicken or steak, sour cream, salsa
- Vegetarian: Shredded cheese, roasted vegetables, fried tofu
- BBQ: Baked beans, pulled pork, BBQ sauce
- Fried chicken: Chicken tenders, roasted sweet corn, BBQ sauce
- French onion: Caramelized onions, Gruyere cheese, sour cream
When you set up a mashed potato bar, every family member (or dinner party guest) can choose their own toppings.
Tips For Setting Up A Mashed Potato Bar
- Avoid potentially soggy toppings like tomatoes and watery sauces
- Butter and sour cream make great toppings no matter what ingredients you choose
- This idea works equally well with baked potatoes
More Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Repurpose your Thanksgiving leftovers and make one of these flavorful recipes:
- Turkey-cranberry wontons
- Turkey lettuce wraps with peanut sauce
- Thanksgiving croquettes
- Turkey chili
- Turkey mole bowls
- Leftover turkey nachos with cranberry salsa
- Turkey empanadas
- Other Thanksgiving leftover ideas
- Leftover mashed potatoes
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, gouda, Parmesan, etc.)
- Chopped bacon
- Sour cream
- Fried or roasted vegetables
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Heat mashed potatoes in the microwave.
- Prepare toppings. Place in individual bowls and set up bar-style.