Paleo Snack Mix
Chex Mix is the one snack I cannot stop eating. I would probably weigh 10 pounds less if had never eaten Chex Mix in my life.
But I dabble in paleo – and I know many of you follow paleo, Whole30 or grain-free diets. And Chex Mix is definitely not paleo-friendly.
The fix? Find a paleo-friendly alternative to Chex Mix.
A Healthier Snack Mix
Around Christmastime, there is always a delicious but unhealthy snack sitting within arm’s length, ready to be eaten.
This is the year to find healthier alternatives to your favorite foods.
If you’re a Chex Mix addict and looking for a grain-free alternative, give this recipe a try!
It’s delicious and just as addictive.
But it’s more satiating than traditional Chex Mix. Again, I can’t stop eating Chex Mix. But after a couple handfuls of this paleo snack mix, I’m good.
(It’s probably the nourishing whole foods, like plantain chips, nuts, and coconut!)
What’s In This Paleo Snack Mix?
This grain-free snack mix contains:
- Plantain chips & plantain crisps (both purchased at Trader Joe’s – You can use all plantain chips or crisps, whatever you can find in your grocery store)
- Unsweetened coconut chips (or flakes)
- Nuts (pecans and cashews, or your choice)
- A rich, flavorful buttery sauce: Butter, Worcestershire sauce, sriracha sauce, garlic powder, spices
More Snack Mix Recipes
- Roasted kidney bean and chickpea trail mix
- Indian spiced bar mix
- Honey-roasted garbanzo beans
- Get more Whole30 and paleo recipes
- 5 ounce bag of plantain crisps
- 6 ounce bag of plantain chips
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I used pecans & cashews)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic power
- 1 tablespoon+ sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 300F. Melt butter in microwave or on the stovetop. Stir in Worchestershire sauce, sriracha sauce, and spices.
- Pour plantain crisps and chips, nuts, and coconut into a large mixing bowl. Pour butter mixture on top and mix well.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet (cookie sheet size). Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 7 minutes or so.