Gluten-Free Ranch Snack Mix
Looking for a new snack mix recipe that’s gluten-free and packed with flavor?
Then you have to try this ranch snack mix!
I’m a bit of a Chex Mix addict – it’s one of the few foods I just can’t stop eating.
But inevitably, I overeat, spoil my dinner, and regret going back for handfuls of Chex Mix.
But with this snack mix, I’m satisfied much sooner. Why? I think it has something to the more whole, true-to-their-source ingredients:
- Unsweetened coconut chips
- Inca corn
- Plantain chips
- Sweet potato chips
It’s not exactly health food, but I think it’s a step up from Chex Mix and some other store-bought snack mix blends.
About The Recipe: Gluten-Free Ranch Snack Mix
Filled with satiating plantain chips, Inca corn, sweet potato chips, coconut chips, and pecans – and is flavored with a buttery ranch topping.
It’s super simple to make: Simply melt the butter and add a pack of ranch seasoning mix. Gently toss with the ingredients and bake. Voila!
I love this gluten-free snack mix blend, but you can use the buttery ranch sauce to make variations on this snack mix. Here are some ingredient swap options:
- Sub any type of nut for the pecans (almonds, pistachios, peanuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- Chex or Crispix cereal
- Oyster crackers
- Bagel chips
- Plain Sun Chips
Keep in mind, many of these ingredients contain gluten.
Other Snack Mix Recipes
Looking for a paleo-friendly snack mix? This paleo snack mix is very similar to this ranch snack mix recipe, but it has more traditional Chex Mix flavor. I don’t know which I like better!
- 5-ounce bag plantain chips
- 6-ounce bag sweet potato chips
- 1 1/2 cups Inca corn
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 stick butter
- 1-ounce package dry ranch dressing mix
- Place plantain chips, sweet potato chips, Inca corn, coconut, and pecans on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Mix in ranch dressing mix.
- Drizzle butter mixture over the crunchy ingredients. Gently mix to ensure ingredients are evenly coated.
- Bake in a 300F oven for 20 minutes, stirring once.