Strawberry Coconut Candies
These deliciously simple cookies are a mainstay in my family’s Christmas cookie collection. You’ll only need 4 ingredients to make these strawberry coconut candies.
Aren’t these just the cutest little candies?
My mom used to make these every December. We knew Christmas was right around the corner when these candies would make an appearance!
We still occasionally make these cookies. And they’re just as delicious as they used to be. The strawberry Jell-O provides the flavor – a nice tart-sweet mix.
In doing some research, these candies seemed to be popular in the 1980s. So it’s kind of a retro recipe, if you’re into such things!
About The Recipe: Strawberry Coconut Candies
I didn’t know what to call these – candies or cookies. But I’ve got several reasons why you should make them:
- This is a 4-ingredient recipe!
- They are gluten-free
- They are super easy to make – get your kids involved!
- No baking required – just mix, form, chill, and enjoy
Should I Use Sweetened Or Unsweetened Coconut?
Either type of coconut will work – sweetened or unsweetened. But keep in mind a couple of things:
- Sweetened coconut will result in a really sweet cookie. Unsweetened coconut will result in a plenty-sweet cookie. Both are delicious.. trust me!
- Unsweetened coconut is often sold in large flakes, or in shredded form. If you buy large flakes, pulse a few times in a food processor to break the coconut down a little. Shredded unsweetened coconut will require no prep-work.
More Christmas Cookies And Candies
Holiday grazing board (below)
Popcorn Christmas tree (below)
- 3-ounce package strawberry Jell-O mix
- 14-ounce package coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Green food coloring
- Place all but 1/2 cup coconut in a large mixing bowl. Place the 1/3 cup coconut in a smaller bowl.
- In the larger bowl, add the strawberry Jell-O powder, and all but about a tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk. Add the tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk to the smaller bowl.
- Mix the strawberry mixture. Add a couple of drops of green food coloring to the smaller bowl and mix.
- Take a scant tablespoon of the strawberry mixture and shape into strawberry shapes.
- Take a tiny amount of the green coconut and press onto the end of each strawberry.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.