Paleo Confetti Chicken Meatballs
This is one of those use-up-odds-and-ends-in-your-fridge recipes.
But all the flavors came together beautifully. These meatballs are moist, flavorful, and full of colorful veggies (hence the “confetti”). They are paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- Money-saving tip: Inventory your fridge and freezer to use up what you already have. These meatballs are the perfect example of what you can make out of odds-and-ends in your fridge!
- Eat plain and serve with a side of sriracha mayonnaise
- Serve on top of sauteed zucchini noodles
- Use as pizza topping
- Use as a sub sandwich filling (a banh mi-type sandwich would be delicious)
Confetti Chicken Meatballs
Yield: 22 meatballs
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:20 min
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups packed spinach, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 small knob ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Oil, for frying
- Green onion, for topping
- Sriracha mayonnaise, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Take a tablespoon of chicken mixture and form into a ball. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place a few meatballs in the pan at a time to brown. Rotate the meatballs to ensure even browning, cooking for no more than 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).