Spicy Sloppy Joes
Who needs a new sloppy joe recipe?
You do! You do!
If you’re like most people, you usually don’t have time to make a fancy, labor-intensive meal. Especially during the week.
That’s why I love sloppy joes.
They’re the ultimate quick meal. In about 20 minutes, you can have this recipe prepared. Just add a bun and you have a very easy meal.
Another reason to love sloppy joes? They’re really cheap to make: Just a mix of ground beef, some veggies, and sauce. And the sky is the limit when it comes to flavoring them.
About The Recipe: Spicy Sloppy Joes
If you like spicy food, and you like sloppy joes – then you’ll definitely love this recipe.
There are not one, not two, not three – but four sources of spice in this recipe:
Pepper jack cheese, added at the end
If you really like spice, feel free to add more of any or all of these ingredients.
Here Are Some More Sloppy Joe Recipes
You probably already know how to make sloppy joes. If you are looking for some more creative ways to make this classic sandwich, check out:
If you make this recipe, remember to tag #CheapRecipeBlog to show off your creation.
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15-ounce can tomato sauce (you may not need the whole can)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Brioche buns, for serving
- Saute onions, red pepper, and jalapeno in a teaspoon or so of olive oil, in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add ground beef and begin to chop and stir the meat so no big chunks remain.
- Add tomato sauce, brown sugar, and spices. Turn heat down to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the meat and sauce begin to thicken. Right before serving, stir in pepper jack cheese.
- Serve hot on toasted brioche buns.