Mexican Ground Beef Skillet
This is a sponsored post for Dorothy Lynch Home Style and Light & Lean dressing & condiment. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Question: Is this Mexican ground beef skillet an appetizer, game-day snack or main course?
Answer: It could be all three!
What I know for sure is that it’s super easy to make. Here’s the process in a nutshell:
- Sauté onions and veggies
- Add ground beef
- Add additional ingredients and seasonings
- Cook and stir
If you’re a get-dinner-on-the-table-in-20-minutes type of person, then you need to give this recipe a try.
About The Recipe: Mexican Ground Beef Skillet
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- It’s fast: Everything is made in one pan and it comes together in about 20 minutes.
- It’s full of veggies: A bunch of veggies are deliciously snuck into this recipe, including onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn, and jalapeno peppers. It’s topped with more veggies, avocado, and lime juice.
- It’s fun to eat: You can eat it plain, scoop it up with tortilla chips, and use it as a taco or burrito filling.
Any leftovers can be eaten for a day or two. Simply heat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
What Gives This Dish Its Great Flavor?
Lots of garlic, lime juice, spices – and my favorite secret ingredient: Dorothy Lynch Home Style dressing & condiment.
I use Dorothy Lynch all the time on salads and as a French fry dip. But it’s great in all kinds of recipes as well:
In this recipe, I stirred in ½ cup of the dressing which added amazing flavor to the meat.
Dorothy Lynch dressing & condiment is available in Home Style and Light & Lean (I used the Home Style). Both are gluten free and made in the Midwest (yay!)
You can buy Dorothy Lynch at HyVee, Walmart, and many other grocery stories. You can also purchase it online.
More recipes can be found on www.dorothylynch.com.
Do yourself a favor and try this one-pan, budget-friendly, versatile recipe!
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn (or kernels from 2 ears of corn)
- 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Dorothy Lynch Home Style or Light & Lean dressing & condiment
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican blend seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Lime segments
- 1/3 cup Dorothy Lynch
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Place ground beef, onions, jalapeno peppers, and red bell
pepper in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to break up
meat. Once the meat is cooked, add the corn, black beans, and tomato.
- Stir in Dorothy Lynch spices, sriracha sauce, brown sugar,
and lime juice. Taste and add more of any of these seasonings, if desired.
- Right before serving, stir in the cheese.
- Top with avocado, tomato, jalapeno, and lime segments on the
- Combine the Dorothy Lynch dressing & condiment and
mayonnaise, and drizzle on top. Serve with tortilla chips.