Stay Connected!

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Pinterest

English Muffin Pizza Recipe

English muffin pizzas recipe

I’m sure you’ve all heard of or made English muffin pizzas before. But as simple or obvious as this recipe seems, sometimes we need a good reminder of the unfussy classics. Sometimes you don’t have time or the right ingredients to make an elaborate meal. When this happens, it’s good to have something simple and inexpensive to fall back on.

English muffin pizza recipe

Healthy, Cheap, and Kid-Friendly Pizza? Yes, Yes, and Yes!

If you’re crazy about pizza like I am, but can’t justify eating it as much as you’d like, this is a great recipe for you. I used 100% whole wheat English muffins, lots of fresh vegetables, and a tablespoon or so of cheese on each mini pizza. Considering each English muffin half had 60 calories, the shredded cheese about 40 calories, and the rest of the ingredients were vegetables or vegetable-based, I’m guessing each pizza had about 150 calories. This is not scientific, but it’s my best guess.

Besides being healthy, these pizzas are also super cheap and kid-friendly. Have your children create their own pizzas, and get creative with the toppings.

Other Alternative Pizza Crust Options

Superfood pizza recipe

Superfood pizza (on a pita bread crust)

Thin crust bagel pizzas, from Cheap Recipe Blog

Bagel crust pizza

Tortilla-shell-pizza

Tortilla shell pizzas

New to my blog? Remember to like my Facebook page and follow my Pinterest boards!

Print Print Save Save

English Muffin Pizza Recipe

Cook Time: 8 min

Total Time: 15 min

Don't overdo it on the sauce, or the middle of the pizzas may get soggy. Feel free to use any combination of meats and veggies to top your pizza. This recipe is super adaptable.

Ingredients:

Whole wheat English muffins, cut in half
1 teaspoon of desired sauce per pizza (tomato sauce, marinara, sweet chili sauce, etc.)
2 tablespoons of desired pizza toppings (I used sliced mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and kalamata olives)
1 heaping tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425F. Top each English muffin half with sauce, desired toppings, and cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and English muffin is slightly toasted.

Pin It

16 Responses to “English Muffin Pizza Recipe”

myfudo — May 11, 2012 @ 9:35 am

I am excited to try this recipe out. My kids will definitely enjoy this. I love that I can use my favorite veggies. I am sure the kids will not frown on the greens, since they are on the pizza crust. ;)

kat — May 12, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

I love this!!! reminds me of my childhood :)

Cheap Recipe Blog » English Muffin Pizza Recipe « healthy pizza recipes — May 13, 2012 @ 6:29 pm

[...] Go here to read the rest: Cheap Recipe Blog » English Muffin Pizza Recipe [...]

Cheap Recipe Blog » English Muffin Pizza Recipe | pizzadishes.com — May 13, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

[...] rest is here: Cheap Recipe Blog » English Muffin Pizza Recipe « Chili Dog Pizza Recipe    Light Pizza Recipe – my daily Recipes [...]

LP @dishclips — May 15, 2012 @ 5:03 am

This looks like an exciting way to utilize English muffins.

6 recipes for frugal cooks | Smart Living Blog — May 15, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

[...] When you need “something simple and inexpensive to fall back on” at lunchtime, this English muffin pizza should do the trick. These little babies are easy, flavorful, and they let you use up all the leftovers in your fridge. (Cheap Recipe Blog) [...]

Cheap Recipe Blog » Cheap Meal Ideas for Kids — May 15, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

[...] English muffin pizzas [...]

Recipes | Pearltrees — June 4, 2012 @ 4:26 am

[...] NIGHT DINNER – tuna salad sandwiches – Living Tastefully C ombine the tuna and dry seasonings. Cheap Recipe Blog » English Muffin Pizza Recipe I’m sure you’ve all heard of or made English muffin pizzas [...]

My First Menu Plan Monday | The Mama Pirate — June 25, 2012 @ 1:32 am

[...] English Muffin Pizzas I plan to put mushrooms, black olives (left over from the Mexican Bean Pie),on them and maybe [...]

Sarah K. (The Mama Pirate) — July 3, 2012 @ 12:30 am

I just want you to know this is my new go to recipe! I just keep English Muffins in the freezer and a jar of spaghetti sauce in the fridge. I shred whatever cheese I have on hand (I’ve even used Gouda!) and use whatever toppings are available (black olives, mushrooms, sandwich meat ham, zuchinni, to name a few) and a bit of fresh basil from my plant on the kitchen sill. This is so fast and easy and the kiddo loves it! Thank you so much for posting this!

• Haley replied: — July 3rd, 2012 @ 1:20 pm

So glad you like them!

Jannet — July 16, 2012 @ 3:26 am

These are so delicious. The kids loved it. I made these at home yesterday and they were very quick to make which was a good thing as my kids couldn’t wait to try these out. This is a nice recipe as you save so much time by utilizing the muffins as your crust instead of making your own pizza crust. Will make again definitely.

Carole — February 7, 2013 @ 8:15 pm

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is all about favourite foods from childhood. I do hope you link this lovely one in. This is the link . Please do pop back to check out some of the other links. Have a great week.

Carole — February 8, 2013 @ 1:19 am

Haley, thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday.

Maria — June 11, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

Your little pizzas look fabulous! Such a great idea to use English muffins as the “crust”. I always have some on hand so I’ll have to give these a try sometime soon! They look delicious! :)

• Haley replied: — June 12th, 2013 @ 6:04 pm