Hi. I’m Haley, and I have been in love with cooking and baking my whole life.
- Age 5: I made my mom breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day. I didn’t know how to make coffee, so I simply put coffee grounds in warm water. My mom graciously drank it, but I later learned that she could barely choke it down.
- Age 9: I would make my brother pretend he was a co-host in a faux-TV cooking show.
- Age 11: I would pack “mystery” sack lunches for family members.
- Age 19: I was accused of being “too domestic” in college because of my frequent late-night baking sessions. I considered it a compliment.
- Age 22: I chopped, mixed, and stirred my way through bouts of home sickness and culture shock while studying abroad in Brazil.
- Today: I get to cook great food for friends and family, take photos of it, and share my experiences online. Life is good!
I’m also a die-hard bargain hunter who is always looking for creative ways to save money. I frequent thrift shops and garage sales, scope out clearance racks, and scour eBay for great deals. I also look for ways to cook really great food without spending a lot of money.
Save Money and Eat Great Food: I’ll Show You How
My goal is to post recipes that are cheap, creative, and delicious. By choosing the right ingredients and learning a few money-saving tips, anyone can start saving money immediately.
A Little Bit More About Me
I grew up in a small town in Minnesota near the South Dakota border. I spent a few years globetrotting and taking advantage of amazing opportunities to live in fun cities both in the U.S. and abroad. I now live in St. Paul, Minnesota. While the dining, entertainment, and shopping options in the city can’t be beat, I’m a small-town girl at heart.
Cooking is my therapy. For me, nothing cures stress better than chopping, mixing, and ultimately reaping the benefits of a day spent in the kitchen.