Honey Roasted Garbanzo Beans RecipeYum
By now, we’ve all tried traditional roasted garbanzo beans. They’re Internet-famous, after all. And super tasty.
After making several batches of the traditional kind, I decided to experiment with a sweeter version. One that is roasted in butter and sweetened with honey.
These honey roasted garbanzo beans (chickpeas) are surprisingly addictive. Like other roasted garbanzo beans, they have a nice crunch to them. But what makes them different is a slight sweetness. So if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to potato chips or crackers, this is a good snack recipe to have up your sleeve.
Honey Roasted Garbanzo Beans Recipe
Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to remove excess water. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix melted butter and honey together in a small bowl. After chickpeas have baked for 30 minutes, remove from oven and pour on the honey butter mixture. Stir to evenly coat. Sprinkle on a small amount of salt. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or so, until chickpeas are completely crunchy.
Love Crunchy and Healthy Bean-Based Snacks? Check Out These Similar Recipes:
Get the recipe: Classic roasted garbanzo beans
Get the recipe: Roasted edamame
Get the recipe: Roasted kidney beans