Savory Cheddar Cheese Cookies
- It’s the kind of cold that makes your nose hairs freeze when you inhale.
- It’s the kind of cold that makes your skinny rings fit on your fatter fingers.
- It’s the kind of cold that makes you want to bake something just so you can turn your oven on.
Cheddar Cheese Cookies
Don’t let the name of this recipe deceive you. These aren’t your typical cookies. They’re savory cookies, not sweet. They’re kind of a cross between a cheese biscuit and cheese crackers. But the texture is like a buttery cookie. They are absolutely delicious and addicting. They go great with soup, but can be eaten on their own as a snack.
These cookies are best made with sharp cheddar cheese. Extra sharp if you can find it. I like a bit of bite to my cookie.
It’s looking like it’s going to be a long winter here in Minnesota. My favorite coping mechanism is to turn on the oven and bake something. What do you do to stay warm on the coldest days of winter?
Cheddar Cheese Cookies Recipe
Yield: 30 cookies
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 min
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 drops of hot sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Take a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place dough balls on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake cookies for 8 to 9 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and place on a cooling rack.