Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw Recipe
Cabbage-based salads and slaws are super cheap and can be prepared in many different ways. While I certainly enjoy classic coleslaw, this is one of my favorite dishes to play around with.
In this recipe, cilantro adds flavor and almonds add a nice crunch. And all the flavors are brought together by a tangy cilantro-lime dressing – adding an interesting kick that I think you’ll enjoy.
Making An Impact Without Spending a Lot of Money
This recipe is inspired by a similar slaw I had at Von’s Roast House in Seattle last year on vacation.
I enjoyed this restaurant not only for its food, but also for its attention to detail:
- A warm and slightly sweet cornbread was brought to our table right after ordering
- At the end of the meal, we were given Atomic Fireball candies
These things added to our dining experience – and were free to us – but didn’t cost a lot for the restaurant.
I intend on doing a future blog post about ways to make an impact without spending a lot of money – inspired by my visit to Von’s.
It truly doesn’t have to cost a lot of money to create a memorable meal or throw a fabulous dinner party. I would love to hear your ideas. Please share them below!
Other Cabbage-Based Salads
- 1/2 bag coleslaw mix (or 3 to 4 cups of a DIY mixture of chopped green and red cabbage and chopped carrots)
- 2 green onion spears, chopped
- Handful of coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red Fresno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together coleslaw mix, green onion, chopped cilantro, and almonds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, sugar, and salt. Stir in chopped cilantro and Fresno pepper. Add dressing to the cabbage mixture, stir, and serve.