Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be posting a selection of cheap recipes that I’ve found on Pinterest. This has become one of my favorite places to find new recipes, because people tend to pin recipes that are super fun and creative.
My only complaint is that I’ll never have enough time to make even a fraction of the recipes I have pinned!
The first one comes from Cookie + Kate, a recipe for gluten-free banana oat pancakes.
These are a double whammy: They’re both delicious and cheap.
Admittedly, I’m not much of a pancake lover – but I will definitely be making these again.
They’re not overly sweet like regular pancakes and they’re gluten free so you can feel good about feeding them to your family or keeping them all to yourself.
- Bananas (3 small) = $.67
- Butter (2 tablespoons) = $.22
- Eggs (2) = $.16
- Oatmeal to make oat flour (1 cup) = $.16
- Lemon juice, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg (approximate cost) = $.30
Total cost of breakfast pancake recipe: $1.51 (not counting syrup and chocolate chips)
This recipe is part of my $10 Food Day series. Find out how to feed a family of four for less than $10 a day!
Love Pancakes? Try These Similar Recipes:
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey, maple syrup or sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, melted butter, lemon juice, and sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or sugar). Beat eggs and add to banana mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredient mixture and pour in banana mixture. Stir to combine but don't overmix or the pancakes may get tough. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of butter. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the pan at a time. Cook each pancake for about 3 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form on the outside edge. Flip pancakes and cook for an additional minute or so, until golden brown.
- Top pancakes with banana slices, chocolate chips and chocolate shavings, and maple syrup.