10-Minute Taco Soup
The other night, I was epic-ly hungry and craving a homemade meal. It had been 8 hours since lunch. All I could think about was eating.
I did a frantic grocery stop at Trader Joe’s and picked up ingredients for a simple taco soup. I bolted out of the door and sped home.
I couldn’t get dinner on the table fast enough.
The best thing about this recipe is that by the time I got home and unloaded the groceries, it was only another 10 minutes or so before I was eating the soup.
Did you hear that?
It only took me 10 minutes to make a delicious pot of homemade soup.
About The Recipe
This quick and easy soup recipe involves three steps:
- Meat browning
- Can opening
This is the ideal soup for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table – fast. It’s a good alternative to packaged convenience foods or take-out.
If you have a well-stocked pantry, you probably have all the ingredients on hand to make this soup right now.
- Toppings make the soup! Check out these 80+ soup topping ideas to make your taco soup taste even better! I topped mine with sour cream, pickled serrano peppers, and tortilla chips.
- Other super fast dinner recipes: BLT sandwiches, fried egg sandwiches, tortilla shell pizzas
- Like what you see? Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest recipes.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 14.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cup chicken broth (or equivalent water + chicken bouillon cubes)
- 15.5-ounce can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Handful of kale leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as you go. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans, and red bell pepper.
- Add spices and seasonings, adjusting as needed to fit your taste. Continue cooking until soup is hot and flavors are blended. Serve with desired toppings.