Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
I love a foolproof cookie recipe.
Despite my best efforts, sometimes my cookies don’t turn out. I often over-bake them. Sometimes I make “creative” ingredient substitutions to avoid a late-night trip to the grocery store.
But I love this recipe. Why?
It’s truly foolproof. Easier than chooolate chip cookies. And much, much quicker to make.
What Is Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle?
Chocolate chip cookie brittle is similar to chocolate chip cookies – with a few key differences:
- It’s made in a sheet pan and broken apart.
- The recipe uses white granulated sugar exclusively, unlike a chocolate chip cookie recipe that uses both white and brown sugar. This results in a crispier, more brittle-like cookie.
- The cookie brittle is drizzled with chocolate.
A Gift-Worthy Recipe
This cookie brittle makes a great gift. Package it in a pretty box and pair it with some tea bags or coffee.
Here are some other gift-worthy recipes:
- Customizable chocolate bites
- Chai tea concentrate (to make your own chia tea lattes at home!)
- Homemade cashew turtles
- Andes mint bark
- Salty hot fudge
This recipe from Nestle’s Very Best Baking. I’ve been making this exact recipes for decades. It’s a family favorite and I hope you like it as much as we have over the years!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, tossing once. Remove from oven to cool.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add flour. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and walnuts. Press dough into an ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving for 10 seconds at a time until chocolate is melted. Drizzle chocolate over cookie brittle. Allow to cool completely (you can refrigerate this).
- Break brittle into pieces.