Muffin Tin Pizza RecipeYum
The other night, I had guests over for homemade pizza. The next day, I had some pizza dough left over, as well as extra cheese and toppings, so I decided to experiment with something new: individual-sized pizzas made in a muffin tin.
These mini pizzas are super cute – I’m not going to lie. Almost like little pizza cups or pizza muffins. And while they were cute, they were substantial enough to remind me of deep-dish pizza. Absolutely delicious.
Update: I liked these so much that I decided to try making these in a mini muffin pan! Check it out: Mini pizza bites
These mini-pizzas are really cheap, allowing you to use up extra ingredients you already have on hand. I bought Trader Joe’s fresh pizza dough (a steal at $1.29 a bag), which was enough for one medium pizza last night, and a six of these.
All in all, each mini pizza cost approximately 30 cents.
Another great thing about these pizzas is the option to customize each one. It’s impossible to get several people to agree on one type of pizza – whether you’re at home or at a restaurant. With these pizzas, everyone is a winner.
New to Cheap Recipe Blog? Get updates, new recipes, and other fun stuff by liking my Facebook page. No spam, no nonsense. I promise!
Muffin Tin Pizza Recipe
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Fresh pizza dough
- Pizza sauce (about one tablespoon per pizza)
- Desired toppings (about 1/6 cup of toppings per pizza)
- Cheese (about one tablespoon per pizza)
- Olive oil (to coat muffin tin)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Take a golf-ball sized portion of pizza dough. On a floured surface, roll out until the dough is about five inches across. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place pizza dough rounds into a muffin tin coated with olive oil. It's okay if the dough extends above the top of the muffin tin. Put pizza sauce in the bottom of the cup. Fill with desired toppings and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.