BLT Pizza Recipe
I’m a big fan of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. I’m also a big fan of pizza. So when I found a recipe that combined the two together, I was beyond excited.
About The Recipe: BLT Pizza
The base of this BLT pizza is simple: just crust, tomato sauce, bacon, and mozzarella cheese.
The fun part comes in the topping: lettuce and tomato mixed with mayonnaise.
While I chose to use my favorite flatbread pizza recipe for the crust, I think this recipe would be even better with a thin or medium crust (to act more like the bread component in the traditional BLT sandwich).
Do you heart BLTs as much as I do? Check out these other BLT-inspired posts:
- BLT sandwich variations
- BLT sandwiches with bacon mayonnaise
- Summery BLT salad
- Build-your-own BLT platter
- 1 pre-baked pizza crust
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For Salad Topping
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400F. Top pizza crust with sauce, bacon, and cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pizza is hot and cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- For topping, mix lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise together. Place salad on top of the baked pizza and serve.