Build-Your-Own BLT Platter
How often do you run into this problem when cooking for your family?
You want to make one dish to feed your family, but inevitably one person doesn’t like one of the ingredients/toppings?
Extra work? Check.
Extra time? Yep.
One solution? Create a DIY platter for your family (or dinner guests or party guests), allowing them to each prepare their own.
A good place to start? A build-your-own BLT platter!
Here’s the deal: You don’t have to create a fancy-looking platter for this to work. Simply place the ingredients or toppings on a large platter and let your family have at it.
What To Include On A Build-Your-Own BLT Platter
- Bread + toaster
- Sauce: Mayonnaise, spicy mayonnaise, dijon mustard, herb mayonnaise or all-purpose sauce
- Tomatoes (get garden-fresh tomatoes while they’re in season)
- Other veggies: Sliced cucumbers, avocado
- Cheese (try sliced Colby Jack or cheddar)
Feel free to improvise. Want extra meat? Try adding some sliced turkey or pork belly.
Want extra protein? Add a fried egg.
Want a low-carb option? Include large lettuce leaves for guests to make a low-carb BLT wrap.
How To Make Bacon That’s Perfect For A Sandwich
The key to make sandwich-ready bacon is to bake it. This results in flat slices of bacon that lay perfectly on sandwiches. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lay bacon slices flat, side-by-side on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until bacon is browned
Love BLT Sandwiches? Check Out:
- Paleo chicken BLT salad
- BLTs with bacon mayo (YUM!)
- Summery BLT salad
- BLT pizza
- More BLT variations and ideas