Summery BLT Salad
Summer cooking, in my opinion, should be as simple and stress-free as possible.
As much as I love spending time in the kitchen cooking up a storm, summer just isn’t the time to be slaving over a hot stove.
This salad is the perfect salad for summer because it is unfussy yet totally delicious. Aside from preparing the pasta, there is no cooking involved. Just chopping vegetables and throwing everything together in a big bowl.
If you’re feeling fancy, you could plate it like I did. But we’re all about ease this summer, right?
This BLT salad didn’t cost much at all, thanks to a few money-saving tricks:
- I purchased crumbled bacon from the grocery store salad bar. Total cost: 35 cents.
- I made use of fresh summer produce: Tomatoes, avocados, and sweet corn.
- I made a last minute decision to add pasta to the salad, mostly so I could use up a half of a box that I had leftover in my cupboard. This made the salad heartier and main-course worthy.
The only thing missing is the bread element from the traditional sandwich. Feel free to throw in some croutons.
Love BLTs? Me Too! Check Out These Similar Recipes:
Get the recipe: BLT pizza
See variations on a BLT sandwich (like this one with bacon, basil, and tomato)
Summery BLT Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:10 min
Total Time:20 min
- 2 cups cooked pasta (I used bow tie)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (I used a mix of regular tomatoes and cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup grilled sweet corn, removed from ear
- To assemble salads, lay pasta on plate and top with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, and sweet corn. Serve with your choice of dressing.
- To stay true to the classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, consider some sort of creamy dressing that contains mayonnaise.