Lemony Chickpea Salad Recipe
No matter how bare my cupboards are getting, I seem to always have a can of chickpeas on hand. I have averted mealtime disaster many times because of my beloved chickpeas. This salad was no exception.
About The Recipe
This is an easy, quick, and cheap salad that you can throw together in about five minutes.
It’s great for a quick lunch, served with crackers or a slice of whole grain toast. Although the basic recipe below is quite tasty, you could add:
- Chopped kale
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Grilled chicken
If you’re craving a garbanzo bean salad that’s a little fancier and a bit more substantial than this one, try this summery kitchen sink salad with creamy BBQ dressing:
More Budget-Friendly Chickpea Recipes
- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with cold water. Combine chickpeas, spinach, and chopped tomato in a bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together. Pour dressing over chickpea mixture, chill, and serve.