Lemony Chickpea Salad Recipe
No matter how bare my cupboards are getting, I seem to always have a can of chickpeas on hand. I have averted mealtime disaster many times because of my beloved chickpeas. This salad was no exception.
About The Recipe: Lemony Chickpea Salad
This is an easy, quick, and cheap salad that you can throw together in about five minutes.
It’s great for a quick lunch, served with crackers or a slice of whole grain toast. Although the basic recipe below is quite tasty, you could add:
- Chopped kale
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Grilled chicken
If you’re craving a garbanzo bean salad that’s a little fancier and a bit more substantial than this one, try this summery kitchen sink salad with creamy BBQ dressing:
More Budget-Friendly Chickpea Recipes
- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Drain chickpeas and rinse with cold water. Combine chickpeas, spinach, and chopped tomato in a bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together. Pour dressing over chickpea mixture, chill, and serve.