Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites Recipe
Did you know that bananas are the cheapest fruit in the U.S.?
You can purchase a few bananas for under $1.00 – probably the best deal at the grocery store.
Incorporating more bananas into your daily diet can certainly help you save money on food. The trick is finding new ways to use them. I, myself, rarely just eat a banana.
But recently I’ve been researching “alternative” banana recipes and have found an abundance of fun and creative ideas.
This particular recipe is one I found on Pinterest from the food blog Forgiving Martha. I like it because it’s pretty healthy – but still indulgent.
These Must Be Served Frozen!
Please note, these must be served frozen. I accidentally left some frozen bananas on the countertop, and when I returned a little while later, they were thawed, soggy, and brown. Ew!
More Banana-Based Snacks
- Banana “sushi” rolls (no fish was involved in the making of this recipe!)
- Banana salsa (serve on fish tacos or eat with tortilla chips)
- Banana soft serve (faux ice cream)
- Banana-Nutella ice cream
- 1 banana
- Peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Desired toppings (see notes, above)
- Peel banana and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices on parchment paper on baking sheet and freeze for about an hour. Place a small dollop of peanut butter on top of each banana slice. Return to freezer and freeze for another 30 minutes or so.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and a tiny bit of olive oil. Stir until smooth. Spoon some of the melted chocolate on top of each banana/peanut butter slice. Sprinkle on toppings. Return to freezer to set the chocolate, and keep frozen until ready to eat.