Roasted Carrot and Feta Salad Recipe
Welcome to Carrot Week!
We’re paying homage to the humble carrot, a vegetable that is often overlooked in simmering pots of soup and on mixed vegetable trays.
This week, we’re giving carrots the attention they deserve. Front and center.
This carrot recipe is the first in a series of four for Carrot Week:
Yes, carrots should be celebrated!
About The Recipe
This recipe is delicious in its simplicity.
Carrots are naturally sweet, and turn into something amazing when roasted in the oven. Feta is tangy and flavorful.
Carrots are consistently among the cheapest vegetables in the supermarket. And they’re also one of the most versatile. Here’s what I paid for this salad:
- 2 lb. bag carrots: $1.98
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese (I got mine from the grocery store salad bar): $.25
- Olive oil: $.20
Total cost: $2.43 for four servings
Love carrot-based salads? Try this shoestring salad recipe!
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel carrots. Cut carrots into coins about 1/4-inch wide each.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place onto a large baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until carrots and softened and lightly browned in spots. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine carrots and Feta in a serving bowl. Add a bit more olive oil if desired. Serve cold.