State Fair Deep Fried Candy Bars
When you think of the State Fair, what comes to mind?
If outrageous, over-the-top, eat-them-once-a-year foods are on the top of your list, then this recipe is for you:
Deep fried candy bars.
This treat is easy to make at home because it is made with an egg roll wrapper. There’s no need to mess with batter when an egg roll wrapper will do.
About The Recipe
Good news: You don’t have to wait for the Minnesota State Fair to get some of your favorite State Fair foods (check out my copycat Minnesota State Fair Sweet Martha’s Cookies recipe and corn fritters with honey butter and frozen apple cider pops).
This recipe is very easy to make and you only need 3 ingredients:
- Egg roll wrappers (found in the produce section of most grocery stores)
- Candy bars (like Snickers, Milky Way or similarly shaped candy bars)
- Cooking oil (like canola)
You simply wrap the candy bar up and fry it in a bit of oil. When it’s done, you get a slightly melted candy bar inside of a crisp wrapper. It is indeed over-the-top – but it’s also very delicious.
More Egg Roll/Wonton Wrapper Recipes!
I’m a little bit obsessed with creating delicious foods using egg roll and wonton wrappers. Here are some other recipes to try:
- Banana-Nutella egg rolls
- Asparagus-cream cheese wonton fries
- Cheesy hot dog wontons
- Buffalo chicken wontons
- Mango chicken wontons
- Turkey and cranberry wontons
- Wonton crackers
- Get sneak peeks of upcoming recipes (and see pretty pictures) by following me on Instagram!
- Learn how to save $9,340.67 this year (yes, really).
- Egg roll wrappers (1 per candy bar)
- Candy bars (Snickers, Milky Way, or a similarly shaped bar)
- Canola oil
- Lay an egg roll wrapper in front of you on the cupboard in a diamond shape. Place a candy bar toward the bottom of the wrapper, as shown in the photo above. Fold the bottom part over the candy bar, and start roll up, folding in the sides as you get to them. Seal the seam with a bit of water.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet or frying pan - just enough to coat the entire bottom. Turn up the heat to medium-high. The oil is hot enough when the wrapper sizzles when dipped in the oil.
- Fry the wrapped candy bars on each side until golden brown. Hold the candy bar with tongs to fry the edges. Let cool momentarily and eat while warm, coated with powdered sugar and drizzled with chocolate sauce, if desired.