Wonton Crackers Recipe
You know what I love? Discovering a recipe that uses an everyday ingredient in a totally new way.
For example, I use wonton wrappers all the time to make potstickers, desserts, and various appetizers. Little did I know that these humble wrappers hold their own when brushed with olive oil and baked until crisp.
I made a very basic batch of wonton wrapper crackers, opting to use olive oil and nothing else. However, you could certainly sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese, rosemary, sea salt, or another topping prior to baking if you want something more fancy.
What to do with these crackers?
- Serve with Chinese chicken salad
- Serve with a warm spinach-artichoke dip
- Serve with this $10 appetizer platter
- Crumble and serve on top of soup or salad
- Eat them plain!
The Cost: 7 Cents Per Cracker
A package of wonton wrappers costs about $3.00. The package I used contained 48 wonton wrappers.
Considering that these crackers call for just two ingredients – wonton wrappers and olive oil – I consider this an extremely cheap recipe.
About 7 cents per cracker, if you want to be specific.
More Egg Roll or Wonton Wrapper Recipes
Got leftover wrappers? Use them to make:
- Banana-Nutella egg rolls
- Deep fried candy bars (Minnesota State Fair-inspired)
- Asparagus-cream cheese wonton fries
- Mozzarella sticks
- Shrimp and cream cheese egg rolls
- Cheesy hot dog wontons
- Buffalo chicken wontons
- Mango chicken wontons
- Turkey and cranberry wontons
- Basic egg rolls
- Ham, pickle, and cream cheese egg rolls
- 1 package wonton wrappers (look for Melissa's, Nasoya or Frieda's brands)
- 1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with olive oil. Lay wonton wrappers in a single layer on baking sheet. Brush with more olive oil. The wonton wrappers should be covered but not saturated with olive oil.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until wonton crackers are lightly golden brown. Continue baking the rest of the wonton crackers, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Allow to cool before serving.