Ham Salad (Made With Leftover Ham)
If you have leftover ham, consider yourself lucky.
There are so many delicious uses for leftover ham. But my favorite of all?
Today I’m sharing a very simple recipe for ham salad spread, which can be used as a sandwich spread, cracker topper, or raw veggie dip.
The recipe, below, is adaptable, depending on how much ham you have.
I recommend starting out with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise per 1 cup of ground ham. But you can certainly add more.
Uses For Leftover Ham
Have more leftover ham? Here are some delicious ways to use it:
- Add cubed ham to an omelette or egg bake
- Add cubed ham to scalloped potatoes
- Add ham chunks to a pasta salad
- Make a cobb salad
- Make a hearty Hawaiian pizza
- Make a melted ham and cheese sandwich
- Slice thin and add to a breakfast sandwich
- Make ham and bean soup
How Long Does Ham Last In The Refrigerator?
Leftover ham will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Store in an airtight container.
Freeze leftover ham: Any remaining ham can be frozen for several months. Slice ham or cut into cubes. Place in a freezer bag and squeeze out as much air as possible.
Repurposing leftovers can be fun and challenging. This is just one of many, many delicious leftover ham recipes. Have fun experimenting with your culinary bonus item!
- Leftover ham
- Pickle relish
- Pinch of sugar
- The amount of mayonnaise and relish will vary depending on the amount of ham you have.
- Use a meat grinder, meat grinder attachment on an electric mixer, a food processor or a knife + cutting board to grind ham.
- Place ham in a mixing bowl. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and a scant tablespoon of relish per cup of ham. Add a pinch of sugar, if desired.
- Add more mayonnaise if desired. Serve on bread, crackers or as a dip for veggies.