Broccoli Salami Sweet Onion Salad
When I say I want “just a salad”, I’m talking about something like this:
- A salad that’s hearty
- A salad that’s meaty
- A salad that’s chock full of vegetables but tastes AMAZING so you can’t stop eating them
This broccoli salami sweet onion salad hits all the right notes, if you’re in the mood for a salad that’s going to fill you up and leave you satisfied.
Broccoli Salami Sweet Onion Salad: What You’ll Need
Broccoli: The base of this salad is broccoli. Use the whole broccoli, from the florets to the stem. (The next time you have extra broccoli stalks, make these cheesy broccoli chips!)
Bell peppers: I found a deal on red, orange, and yellow peppers. Feel free to use only one color pepper to save money.
Onion: The finer chopped, the better.
Sweet Vidalia onion dressing: Pick up a bottle of sweet onion dressing (or sweet Vidalia onion) at the supermarket.
Parmesan cheese: Don’t skimp on the cheese! I bought a plastic container of fresh shredded Parmesan cheese. I used about half of the container and put the remainder in the freezer for future use. You can also shred your own cheese. Dried Parmesan will work, in a pinch.
More Hearty Salad Recipes
For those of you who like a big, hearty salad, check out these recipes:
- Butternut Squash Pasta Salad
- Kitchen Sink Pea Salad
- Shoestring Salad
- Paleo Chicken BLT Salad
- Summery Kitchen Sink Salad With Creamy BBQ Dressing
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets and stalk cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 to 2 bell peppers (red and/or orange and/or yellow)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 8 oz. package salami, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sweet onion dressing
- Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- MIx in sweet onion dressing, adding more, if desired.
- Serve chilled.