Lentil, Feta, Grape and Walnut Salad Recipe
I seem to always fall into the rut of preparing lentil-based dishes the same way.
Typically, I make a basic lentil soup with whatever vegetables I happen to have on hand.
While there’s nothing wrong with this, I love discovering new ways to combine flavors. Which is why I was so excited to discover this lentil, feta, grape, and walnut salad recipe in Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food magazine.
Learn how to make a perfect batch of lentils
In this recipe, which I altered slightly, lentils are combined with the fresh flavors of grapes, celery, Feta cheese, and walnuts. The grapes add a nice sweetness. The salad is brought together by a sweet and tangy dressing.
If you’re stuck in a rut like I was, try this unique and affordable salad.
Lentil, Feta, Grape and Walnut Salad
Yield: 2 large or 4 small servings
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3/4 cup dried lentils (brown or French)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add lentils. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Drain lentils and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Toast walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat until lightly browned. Chop walnuts. Halve grapes. Cut celery into thin slices. Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk red wine vinegar, lemon juice and honey together. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Pour dressing over salad and mix. Season with fine grain sea salt, if desired.