Roasted Garbanzo Beans RecipeYum
These roasted garbanzo beans (a.k.a. roasted chickpeas) are easy to make, healthy, satisfying, and cost about a dollar to make.
I like this recipe because it’s a great alternative to expensive store-bought snack mixes. And it’s much healthier. Garbanzo beans are full of protein and fiber.
Roasted garbanzo beans are nothing like canned garbanzo beans. Once roasted, they turn out very crunchy and light. There are a perfect on-the-go snack, whether you’re taking your kids to school or traveling by plane.
You might want to make more than one batch, because they take a long time to bake. And because you’ll probably eat them all in one sitting.
Roasted Garbanzo Beans Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35+ min
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drain garbanzo beans and rinse with cold water. Remove excess water by patting with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, coat beans with olive oil. Add spices and mix well. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or more, or until garbanzo beans are completely dried and crunchy.
Love Roasted Garbanzo Beans? Try These Similar Recipes:
Get the recipe: Honey-roasted garbanzo beans
Get the recipe: Roasted edamame
Get the recipe: Roasted kidney beans