Breakfast Pizza Recipe

Breakfast pizza: Because now it's ok to have pizza for breakfast. Repin to save!

I’m back from a frenzied week off after my computer got infected with a virus – a particularly nasty one, in fact. I was seriously panicked, especially since I hadn’t backed up my computer since last July. What freaked me out the most was the thought of losing my collection of recipe photos taken over the past year.

It all started when I was searching for a recipe using Google Images. This had been my favorite way to search for recipes, because it allowed me to see photos of all of the recipes. Now, I’m going to opt for safer searches. I clicked on a photo to read a recipe, and all of a sudden a bunch of suspicious-looking pop-ups warning of a computer virus invaded my computer. Thanks to the computer savviness of my cousin Bill (thank you!!), my computer is now virus-free.

So I’ll take this time to send a friendly reminder to all of you – back up your computers and make sure you have the latest anti-virus software installed!

About The Recipe: Breakfast Pizza

Pizza for breakfast = the best idea ever.

This is a fun, cheap, and creative breakfast recipe that is quite simple to make. I used a store-bought pizza crust and topped it with breakfast-friendly ingredients I happened to have on hand.

Breakfast pizza: Best breakfast ever? Repin to save!

But wait a minute. Pizza with egg on top?

Trust me on this. It’s really not much different than a baked breakfast sandwich, except we’re using pizza crust instead of bread.

While I love the idea of cracking eggs directly onto the pizza, I understand if that’s not your thing. You could certainly beat the eggs before putting them on the pizza so they resemble scrambled eggs. Or skip the eggs altogether.

Either way, it’s pizza for breakfast.

Like What You See?

I’m all about cheap recipes that don’t taste cheap, if you know what I mean. If you want to receive notifications of new recipes and money-saving tips, please follow my Pinterest boards and like my Facebook page. No spam, no nonsense. I promise!

Print Print

Breakfast Pizza Recipe

Prep Time: 10 min

Cook Time: 10 min

Total Time: 20 min

Toppings are adaptable. Use ham or sausage instead of bacon. Add tomatoes or green peppers. Use salsa as pizza sauce. You get the idea!

Ingredients:

1 tube of refrigerator pizza dough (or one batch of homemade pizza dough)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 slices turkey bacon, crumbled
1 small onion, chopped
2 scallions, sliced
3 whole eggs
Salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400F. Unroll the pizza dough onto a round pizza pan. Top with mozzarella cheese, bacon, onion, and scallions. Clear away toppings slightly in three areas to make room for the eggs. Crack eggs directly onto pizza. Season with salt and pepper. Rearrange toppings, if desired, to cover eggs. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pizza is lightly browned and eggs are cooked to your liking.

The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook

Pin It

12 Responses to “Breakfast Pizza Recipe”

coal fire pizza franchise opportunity — January 13, 2012 @ 5:50 am

This pizza recipe can easily be made because the ingredients can be found on any supermarkets! I would really try making this one! Thanks! :)

Cheoy Lee — January 16, 2012 @ 6:49 pm

Thanks for the virus warning – you’re very right! This pizza looks amazing – I’m going try it tonight, if that’s not too strange – a breakfast pizza for dinner! : D

Alezunde — January 17, 2012 @ 4:50 am

I hope you’ve inoculated your computer since then. You tech-savvy friend probably installed some protective software for you as well, but keeping your computer safe is not nearly as difficult or as costly as a lot of people think; It just takes a few minutes worth of time and there is a lot of very free, very effective software. Thanks for starting this blog! I love cooking and a lot of this I am definitely looking forward to making myself! (My other favorite source for cooking inspiration is Good Eats.)

• Haley replied: — January 17th, 2012 @ 9:02 pm

Thanks, Alezunde!

Melissa Klotz — June 1, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

Great idea!! My boyfriend has been craving pizza. I might surprise him with this one tomorrow morning :)

Breakfast Pizza Recipe « « Good Breakfast RecipesGood Breakfast Recipes — June 3, 2012 @ 6:27 am

[…] with hash browns and cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes1/4 teaspoon ground cumin1/4 teaspoon chili powder2 tables…ed reduced-fat Cheddar […]

Janet @ Frugal & Focused — December 26, 2012 @ 9:36 pm

Ooh, that look so good! A great change for breakfast as well.

Beyond the Kitchen Table — August 17, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

[…] Breakfast Pizza by Cheap Recipe Blog […]

dawn — April 8, 2014 @ 8:54 pm

We do something similar-we three sons, we had lots of extra boys over on weekends-needed a filling budget breakfast-sizes depends on how many you make:

Frozen waffles-or home-made-2 per serving-round ones work best (eggs)
    refried beans
    deli ham; 4 slices per waffle-feel free to adjust (the recipe called for bacon, but we have used everything from deli turkey to kielbasa-what we had/what was cheap-just try to not use something like a “honey ham”-can be too sweet)
    Shredded cheese (we used a mont jack/cheddar mix)-you can omit this, too
    eggs; 1-per waffle
    Maple-type syrup.
    The thing with these is all timing, so that everything is hot-heat/re-heat waffles when eggs are done and refried beans are warm-it might seem like a lot, but it actually is pretty quick to do, and I usually heat the meat inthe same pan as eggs-so it is two pans
    -heat re-freid beans over low-med heat until hot (they burn and stick easily)
    -heat up meat, brush with syrup, squirt on syrup, etc, keep warm
    -using whatever method you prefer, frying or poaching, cook eggs to be easy-over-you can even scramble them, it’s all preference-but most people seem to like non-scrambled eggs on this-
    -as eggs finish, heat waffles, then
    -lightly butter, cover with hot re-fried beans-usually a thin layer is best 1/4 inch or so-
    -immediately sprinkle with cheese,
    -place warmed meat on top, followed by egg
    can be made as a waffle sandwich-just put stuff on one waffle, top with other
    -this sounds like an odd combination, but even people who hate re-fried beans have scarfed this down-it’s the combo of salty, sweet, crunchy, soft

dawn — April 8, 2014 @ 8:56 pm

Ack! I meant 2 slices PER WAFFLE or even less! Sorry!

WG — November 17, 2014 @ 4:10 pm

You know putting eggs on a pizza started as a throw away gag in an episode of “The Odd Couple” TV series about 30 years ago. In one episode, Oscar Madison attempts to conduct his entire life from bed and trying to find a meal works fro any time of day, he orders a pizza with fired eggs. The pizza comes with the note “Good luck, paisan!” from the pizzeria owner.

• Haley replied: — November 23rd, 2014 @ 4:58 am

Too funny! I guess somewhere along the line, it became normal, because I see it all the time online and in some restaurants too. I’ll have to watch that episode of The Odd Couple. Thanks for letting me know!