Recipe Roundup: 50 Homemade Halloween Candy Recipes

50 Homemade Halloween Candy Recipes - a recipe roundup from Cheap Recipe Blog

Do you shamelessly dig into your child’s Halloween treat bag? No judgment here. But if you’re like me, all of that Halloween candy starts to blend together after awhile.

I love candy bars as much as the next person. But seriously – house after house, year after year, it’s the same darn candy.

Why not try something new this Halloween? Make homemade versions of your favorite Halloween treats. Plan some kitchen time before Halloween to make treats for your family, co-workers and neighbors.

But wait… Are you going to save money by making your own Halloween candy?

Probably not. But when you start adding the cost of ingredients up, candy recipes are generally not too expensive. We’re dealing with sugar, butter, and flour here. Not fresh produce, meat, or specialty ingredients. This makes for cheaper (albeit not heathier) recipes.

Without further ado, here are 50 homemade Halloween candy recipes to get you started:

Make Something Classic

Make Something New

Make Something Healthy(ish)

Was one of your recipes included in this list? Please share the love and pin this post on Pinterest!

And last but not least… don’t forget to like Cheap Recipe Blog on Facebook and follow my Pinterest boards. I do a lot of recipe roundups, and feature those recipes on my boards and Facebook page. Let’s stay in touch!

8 Responses to “Recipe Roundup: 50 Homemade Halloween Candy Recipes”

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) — October 25, 2013 @ 1:35 pm

This may be my favorite roundup ever! Sharing. The idea of gluten-free homemade twizzlers just blew my mind. Thanks for including my date cups 🙂

Karen Harris — October 25, 2013 @ 4:10 pm

What a fun post! Love your photo. It really captures the spirit of Halloween.

Mercedes — October 26, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

Thank you for including my Kit Kats on your list! I had so much fun looking through the rest of the homemade candy treats!

violet — October 27, 2013 @ 6:01 am

I always try to make my own treats, because, as you said, everybody gives out those tiny candy bars. Thanks for the ideas.

Jacky @ Joyful Savings — October 25, 2016 @ 2:59 am

I absolutely know that these homemade candies must taste heavenly, and I had to choose only one It’d have to be the Caramel Spiders. I love everything caramel! Thanks you for sharing this great list!

Joyful Savings recently posted: 13 Best Halloween Punch Ideas Ever!

Jesi Allen — October 25, 2016 @ 2:06 pm

What an incredible list! Who needs store bought with all the extra additives in it when you can make your own.

Hollie — October 25, 2016 @ 3:20 pm

Holy smokes! What a roundup! Thanks for sharing!
    Hollie @ Quirky Bohemian Mama

Jamie @ Medium Sized Family — October 26, 2016 @ 2:52 pm

Love how you have something for everyone here! I have a serious sweet tooth, so I’m definitely pinning this to look back on.