Cheap Recipes for Mother’s Day
It takes some people decades to realize that they’re turning out to be just like their mothers. I, on the other hand, have known it for quite a long time. Here are some of our similarities:
- We both love coffee shops
- We’re both scared of flying, but tolerate it to go on great trips together
- We both love going on walks
- We’re both tireless bargain shoppers, enjoying thrift shops and garage sales
- We’re both terrified of mice
- We both prefer to be out and about doing something, as opposed to sitting inside
- We both like animal prints, scarves, accessories, and flashy shoes (although comfortable clothing is preferred when nobody is looking!)
- We both love croissants, clam chowder, and peanut butter and honey on toast
Happy Mother’s Day, mom! I am truly blessed to have such a loving, supportive, energetic, up-for-anything, generally awesome mother like you!
Budget-Friendly Mother’s Day Recipes
If you’re cash-strapped but still want to give your mother something special for Mother’s Day, consider making her something homemade. The old saying is true: Homemade gifts are the best gifts!
Moms like things like salads, little sandwiches, appetizers, and pretty desserts.
Save the meat and potatoes for Father’s Day.
Here, I’ve chosen some of my favorite cheap recipes that I think your mom will love!
Get the recipe: Assemble a European-style breakfast bar (on the cheap!)
Get the recipe: Glazed donut muffins
Get the recipe: Chocolate-covered strawberries made in an ice cube tray
Get the recipe: Brown butter brownies
Get the recipe: Lentil, feta, grape, and walnut salad
Get the recipe: Grape, proscuitto, and arugula flatbread
Get the recipe: Spicy tuna sushi bowls (fully cooked!)
Get the recipe: Cashew caramel turtles
Get the recipe: Raw carrot cake
Get the recipe: Norwegian almond cake
Get the recipe: Dessert charcuterie board
Get the recipe: Pimento-green olive spread
Get the recipe: Vegetable pizza (served cold)
Pro Tip: Moms Love Appetizer Spreads
If you want to surprise your mother with something really special, why not assemble an appetizer platter? Choose from one of these budget-friendly ideas:
- Harvest/fall appetizer platter
- How to assemble a veggie tray on a budget
- How to assemble an unforgettable charcuterie platter on a budget
- How to set up a hummus bar
- Budget-friendly mezze platter
- The $10 appetizer spread
Remember: You don’t have to spend a lot of money to celebrate your mom, grandma, mother-in-law or other special woman in your life. Whether you make one of these cheap recipes or something else, it’s truly the thought that counts!
Need more inspiration? Check out my Cheap recipes for Mother’s Day Pinterest board.