50 Cheap After-School Snacks

50 cheap after school snack ideas, most under $1.00. Click through for all 50 ideas.

I don’t have children, but if I did, I imagine I would love making them after-school snacks.

The perfect after-school snack is many things:

• Quick and easy
  • Nourishing
  • Not too heavy (you don’t want to spoil dinner!)

Most importantly, it has to be low-cost. An after-school snack is not a meal, so it shouldn’t cost as much.

So here they are: 50 cheap after-school/afternoon snacks that will please your kid’s palate, whether he or she is in daycare, preschool or school. Feel free to add your own ideas below.

(Secretly) Healthy Snacks

Snacks For Kids With a Sweet Tooth

Savory/Salty Snacks

Hearty Snacks

50 cheap snack ideas for children, from Cheap Recipe Blog

New to Cheap Recipe Blog? Please friend me on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest posts and recipes!

15 Responses to “50 Cheap After-School Snacks”

Kathy — September 13, 2013 @ 2:31 am

Thanks for including my Kettle Corn, Haley! My son loves to eat it after school! This looks like a great list. Pinning so I can reference it during the year!

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) — September 13, 2013 @ 3:10 am

Thanks for including my recipe! Those kids are adorable 🙂

[email protected] — September 13, 2013 @ 3:34 am

Hi Haley! What a great list you’ve put together! Thanks so much for sharing my Raw Vegan Banana Sushi Slice (Fruit Sushi) recipe on your list. Lots of great ideas to pick from 😉

violet — September 13, 2013 @ 6:07 am

Wonderful pictures. CUTE kids!

dawn — September 13, 2013 @ 10:11 pm

love this…will save me from drawing blanks:)

Michelle (Tomato on Top) — October 3, 2013 @ 3:59 pm

Good snacks for parents, too! Great list!

Friday Favorites Feature and Linky Party #35 I’m Not a Trophy Wife — October 11, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

[…] at Cheap Recipe Blog  has some great links for snack ideas!  I suggest pinning this post to reference during the […]

Aimee — October 20, 2013 @ 7:24 pm

Thanks for all of these wonderful ideas! I have been running out of snack ideas and ideas for sides to go with lunches for my kiddos.

Sue Whitson — September 6, 2016 @ 4:00 pm

Thanks for this list!

Jamie @ Medium Sized Family — September 6, 2016 @ 6:50 pm

What a great collection of ideas! I do get tired of figuring out what the kids can snack on all the time. This is a great resource.

Charlotte Burkholder — September 6, 2016 @ 8:33 pm

These are some really great and healthy ideas. I like it alot. It’s easy to run out of ideas.

Tara — September 7, 2016 @ 1:44 am

I’m always trying to figure out what to give my kids for snacks, both at school and at home. I’m definitely pinning this list so I never fun out of ideas! Thanks!

• Haley replied: — September 9th, 2016 @ 2:28 pm

I hope this helps!

Lisa @ Fun Money Mom — September 7, 2016 @ 6:03 am

These are all great choices. We’ve never had carrot fries but that sounds like an awesome after school snack. Peanut butter is another favorite, especially for my own snacks!

Erin @ Stay at Home Yogi — September 13, 2016 @ 9:49 am

This is an amazing list!! 🙂 I really want to try making homemade fruit leather for my kids! Yum!